Friday, May 16, 2008

Guide for your new school life


My freshmen year is almost done. However the memory of my first day at the school is still fresh in my mind. When I entered the entrance of the school, my heart was too full for me to speak a word. I was expecting my school life, but on the other hand, I wasn't confident of it. I think most of the freshmen will experience the same impression as me if they come to school firstly. However, the new school life is easy to run about in confusions unless some help and advice. Therefore, for the freshmen, I want to share some tips what I learned and experienced.

With the starting of the semester, you have to take four classes for each semester. The English and math are compulsory subjects for one year, and then you can choose the two subjects you want. In my case, I took English, Algebra 1, Biology, and PE. At first, I felt hard about them because the classes last 80 minutes. It was harder than I thought. Through it, I realized that the high school is not easy as junior high school. Being a high school student means, more efforts, more patience. By the way, if you think you need more time to adapt; I recommend the elective classes such as band, ceramics, art and computer. You can develop your potential and enjoy your school without some burden.

After the third period, we have a lunch time at the cafeteria. When you buy the delicious, hot lunch, you need the student card, but before that you have to put the money on the card by using the machine beside the office. During the lunch time, you can enjoying with your friends in the classroom or study at the library or play basketball.

In my opinion, the high school period is really important because it's a place to prepare for your college and social life. We experience many things and perform our belief. So trying to do your best in school is most important than anything else. Try to improve yourself and imagine your wonderful future. The brilliant future is waiting for you. You can fly high to your future as an eagle in the sky.

Being a high school student is not a easy to swallow as chicken soup. It needs more patience and more effort, and actually you have to improve yourself. Sometimes it can be your burdens. Also you can get tired about it with feel to giving up everything. However don't worry about it yet, in SSHS, you can enjoy your school life as if the load were off your shoulders!

No comments: